Monday, September 13, 2010

Travels!




Recently Ashley and I have had the wonderful opportunity of visiting both of our Families. It was great to get to spend some time with all of our different family members over the course of a week and a half. We gathered for Labor Day in Texas with Ashley's family then were home for about 48 hours before heading to Portland Oregon for my littlest sisters wedding. Both were great trips, but it is kind of nice to be home and get caught up on school work again.

These were party favors from Bean's wedding. I thought it was a clever idea, my mom and sister did a fantastic job getting everything organized and decorating.

A couple of pictures of me with my siblings. For any of you who have not met them yet they are from left to right: Gordon, Joseph, Angelina, Keren and finally me.
Carolyn, my niece and Keren's daughter, was very quick to warm up to us this time. It was so good to see all the nieces and nephews on these trips.
Then of course there was a shot of my parents with the bride and groom. Over all I thought it was a great wedding. All the best to Angelina and Wayne. And I am certain my mom is relieved to be done with weddings, though now we need a new excuse to get everyone together again.

oh ya, I almost forgot, after the wedding Ashley and I traveled up to Olympia, WA to visit my grandpa. I was excited to finally introduce him to my lovely wife! We got to attend a kiwanis event with him. It was exciting to see him in an environment with something he had dedicated so much time to over the years.



But before we went to Oregon we had the chance to visit Ashley's family. We had a great time.


We saw Longhorns, the first I had seen, pretty awesome compared to your average dairy cow.

We saw lots of bugs. This praying mantis was on her Brothers door one night when we came over.
We had a combined Birthday Party. Ashley and her brothers all have birthdays within a few weeks of each other, it was a great time and little Sophia got her very own cupcake. Since everyone else was having a birthday they included me, it was far more than they needed to do but I got a pretty sweet whisk out of the deal so I am not complaining.
We played in the pool, here is Scott, Ashley's oldest brother, throwing Sophia, his daughter up in the air.
Here is Sophia with Uncle Rico, aka Tyler, Ashley's other brother.



1 comment:

gw said...

Glad to see you rejoin the blogging community, keep 'em coming! We loved seeing you guys and still think baby blessings could be a substitute for weddings in the future - go get to work :)